Online Physio - Access to Physiotherapy via Video Call
Do you need to see a physiotherapist but have found it wasn’t convenient or possible to attend an appointment at the time or location you wanted? At Terrace Physio Plus we offer online physiotherapy services and consultations to all of our clients, no matter where you live!
Physio Online is one of the most convenient, quick & simple ways to get solutions for your injury, without having to leave your home or workplace.
Our highly skilled physiotherapists will provide clarity on your injury, help you to get out of pain and set you up with a detailed plan to get you back to what you love doing. We will liaise with your current health care providers and provide you with any necessary referrals that you may requie to ensure your goals are being met in a holistic way.
Our online physiotherapy consultations will give you control over your pain or injury and fast track you towards amazing results. Extensive research has supported online consultations as an appropriate alternative to face-to-face consultations and is quickly becoming a desired way to access expert health advice.
Who is this Online Physiotherapy Service Ideal For?
Online physiotherapy consults are ideal for people who:
- Want to save time and have the convenience of access to expert physiotherapy in their own home.
- Would like access to the best physiotherapists who may not be available in the area they live in.
- Are unable to attend the clinic location due to extenuating circumstances.
- Are restricted by injury or disability which makes it difficult to attend an appointment.
- Have been given a diagnosis, but would like further guidance or explanation surrounding their injury.
- Want a second opinion from one of our expert physiotherapists.
- Live overseas, rural or in a remote area.
What does an online physiotherapy consult look like?
An online consultation at Terrace Physio Plus is very similar to a regular face to face physiotherapy consultation. Your physiotherapist will:
- Listen to your story, understand you, your injury and how it impacts your life.
- Provide a thorough examination through the video call, in which you will be asked to perform a variety of movements and asked some questions.
- Provide clarity of your injury (likely diagnosis), education and advice, why your injury has occurred and how it will heal.
- Provide appropriate treatment, advice and rehab exercises to provide symptom relief and long term improvements.
- Tailor an individualised management plan that you can follow in order to immediately start working towards your goals and become pain and injury free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are a couple of our most frequently asked questions regarding our Telehealth online physio services. The health and well being of our valued clients, community, and our team here at Terrace Physio Plus are our highest priority. If you would like to learn more you can contact us on (02) 4983 1765.
We have successfully treated people with conditions such as:
- Knee pain: arthritis, tendon pain, bursitis and post surgical rehab
- Shoulder pain: bursitis, rotator cuff tears, impingement and post surgical rehab
- Lower back pain: disc bulges, muscle spasm and sciatic nerve issues
- Neck pain: disc herniation, cervical spondylosis, cervical pain, whiplash associated disorder
- Ankle pain: ankle injuries, post fracture or surgical rehab, achilles tendinopathies, plantar fasciitis
- Elbow pain: tennis elbow, golfers elbow, nerve injuries, post fracture rehab
- Hip pain: hip bursitis (trochanteric bursitis), hip flexor pain and hip arthritis
- Chronic pain
- Muscle weakness
We recognise that you won’t be receiving hands-on treatment for your injury, but we are 100% confident that we can help you to achieve your goals without it. For a while now, extensive research has shown that active rehabilitation (exercise therapy) is the most effective tool to ensure you move better and are pain free in the long term and have also shown that the exact same results can be achieved without hands-on treatment.
Sessions are performed using a video call, similar to if you have contacted friends or family via Whatsapp or Facebook Messenger. You will be provided with a link and details to easily set up the video call.
We use Medipass, which allows for you to pay for your consult on your mobile phone via encrypted software. It’s really easy!
At this present time, insurance companies are currently exploring options to help customers access allied health services via online consultations. Some are already approving online consultations, therefore please contact your health insurance provider to inquire about claiming for “Telehealth” or online consultations. This will hopefully be approved across all insurance companies by the 14th of April 2020.
In the meantime, you may need to pay upfront and then submit your claim with your health insurance provider.
Yes. If you are eligible for an EPC plan, you will be able to access 5 bulk billed Physio Online consultations, therefore you will not be out of pocket. You will need to ask your GP if you qualify and ask your GP provide you with an EPC plan.
Yes, you can use your NDIS funding. We currently only have the capacity to work with self managed and plan managed NDIS clients.
ARE YOU A BIT OF A RESEARCH AND DATA NERD?
Check out all of the evidence base for online physiotherapy via this video!